Documenting the Adventures of a Neophyte Paleolithic Eater



Saturday, January 23

Yep, I'm Average

We dunked on Thursday to find our exact percentage of body fat. Everyone I've told that doesn't do Crossfit says something along the lines of "oh, I wouldn't want to know". Why not!? It's so cool. You are submerged in a bathtub on a scale like in the produce section of the grocery store. See? Cool!

I am at 22.5% body fat. For my age, that is smack-dab in the middle of average. The print out even told me that for a medium build that 22% is "ideal". Well.... it's not ideal for me :) Most of the women in the box are in the teens; that would be an exciting goal! I realize that all of my fitness goals won't be met in the next 6 weeks, but hopefully this cave-woman trek will be the jump start to better choices and increased efforts.

Since the dunk is done, it's officially the beginning of the challenge. We took "before" pictures in generic workout garb, but it was suggested that we take a before in a bathing suit. Hmm. I mean I guess it makes sense. I, like most women, buy clothes that already flatter my body so any losses would seem less because the clothes already fit well. As we all know, there's little room to hide in a bathing suit. I think if I do take one, I'll keep it in my possession :)

As for the food side, I have realized that I'm not hungry as often as I think I am--which is good-- but I crave eating often. Just sitting around, grading papers, etc. I want to be munching on something. Maybe after work slows down a little bit I won't be so wound up and wanting to munch?

1 comment:

  1. Must be the stress b/c I definitely snack more at work. Hang in there - you're doing great!

    -someone who actually reads your blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete