Documenting the Adventures of a Neophyte Paleolithic Eater



Saturday, January 30

Out of hibernation...

It's been a full week since my last post. I didn't mean to slack off on the documentation; life just gets in the way. I had to start making priorities and between keeping up a daily post or actually taking the time to keep eating well and keep my job, I went with the latter. Thanks for understanding!

This week has been OK I guess. The time crunch has been keeping me with pretty boring basics on this lifestyle change. I have a list (seriously a full page) of recipes I can't wait to try, but the time just hasn't been there yet. I'm hoping after Monday I can start delving into that a little bit more. I am going to jump out the window if I make myself eat another package of "Spring Mix" and rolled-up deli meat. Ugh. Can't wait to do some cooking. I've always been intimidated by spices, but this little challenge offers the perfect opportunity to spice up my cooking, literally. I am a baker by nature, so I need this substitution to keep me from making cupcakes...

Today I attended a RxStar workshop at the box. This is a group of women who are getting together to perfect their crossfit skills. It was awesome. I didn't know anyone in the morning session, but everyone was so friendly and supportive. This community really comes together and accepts anybody. What I really want to talk about are the women who ran this thing. WOW. They were gorgeous people. Inside, outside, everything. Their kindness, patience and encouragement were so heartening when your skin feels like it's tearing and your muscles start to ache. I was so inspired by them: they are so strong, beautifully strong. Long, lean, beautiful musculature and they are in complete control over every movement.

It was really an incredible experience to be around women of that physical caliber. Ladies of OCCF, please don't be offended: you are constant sources of inspiration and, often, jealousy, but I had never met a woman who could hold casual conversation while doing a muscle up. Good gracious. Olga said it, so I'm quoting it: "It's time for the girls [of OCCF] to step it up". Bring on the blisters and the IcyHot because now I want to be like them.

The sign of a CrossFit Girl: nice body, nasty hands. I'm gonna go clean my wounds again and slice up an apple. Paleo Di, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment