Documenting the Adventures of a Neophyte Paleolithic Eater



Saturday, January 16

2 down

Oh man. I've been able to stick with the "good foods list" for almost 48 hours.

I started with eggs, avocado, and half an apple yesterday; snacked on the other half and some chicken breast for snack; ate a bowl of steamed veggies, turkey breast slices and frozen cherries for lunch; chicken breast and salad for dinner. My energy was fairly consistent all day, but my mood felt like it was fluctuating most of the day. It didn't help that I had a rough day, but I felt less in control of my feelings than usual. Stress eating is something I seem to have picked up, so when I was driving home all I wanted to do was grab some ice cream and movie-- so I went to Crossfit instead!

Today, I ate some avocado cashews and chicken breast on my way to paddling. Afterwards, we all went out for food. Egg omlet with bacon and spinach with a side of fruit. I really think that trying to do this outside of California would be difficult. The only sides listed on the menu were toast, breakfast potatoes, and hash browns. I looked at the waiter and just said, "Um, do you have anything else?" and he's like, "Yeah, we have a some fruit". Easy as that!

I'm reading the Paleo Diet book, and one of the testimonials had a guy mentioning that for the first two weeks, his recovery time and overall energy were low. Great. I buess I'll wait it out for a couple weeks. I haven't gotten creative with my food yet, I'm just trying to get the hang of it and stop thinking about all the things I shouldn't eat...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were going to paddling! I couldn't go today anyways. For some reason I thought you were in SD.... Let's hang this weekend still!
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete