Documenting the Adventures of a Neophyte Paleolithic Eater



Thursday, January 14

On a vine, on a bone or on a tree NOT in a bag, in a box or in a combo

Tonight I cleared out all of the junk in my cabinets and packed up all the good stuff to shove in the back. The bread--gone, cheese--gone, rice--gone, oatmeal--hiding where I can't reach without a stool. The chocolate and pudding I plan on finishing tonight. No need to let it go to waste in the last 12 hours!

The people tonight were so psyched for this event; I really lucked out choosing a box (that's a Crossfit gym for you common-folk). Everyone is motivating and kind. I love it. There's something special about a guy who hugs you after not seeing you for 3 days then walks over to pick up 300 lbs. Awesome.

So it turns out we're going official with this business-- dunk tanks and body percentages. Therefore, the challenge doesn't start until after the first dunk. However, I am the queen of excuses, so I begin tomorrow. Here we go, family and friends, it's time to break up with some foods.

So long, starches! I will miss your deliciousness, but I won't miss your evidence on my a-- uh, abs! Dearest desserts, I think I'll miss you the most. It's not you; it's me... and a little bit you.

1 comment:

  1. Diana, I know so many people that swear by this approach to nutrition! I applaud you for taking on this challenge -- I know you're going to kick major butt : ) -- your cuz Lisa

    ReplyDelete