Documenting the Adventures of a Neophyte Paleolithic Eater



Tuesday, January 19

Today-- a New Day

So despite a stuffy nose, today is so much better... (here are the specifics, Jon) Around 7 I had two eggs, a small salad, a handful of walnuts and added a whole grain tortilla for breakfast. I know the tortilla is bad, but I think cold turkey might be making me crazy(-er). 10:30ish I had two slices of roasted turkey and half an apple. Near 1:30 I had a big salad, half an avocado, half a rotisserie chicken breast, and frozen cherries. On my way home sometime near 5, I munched on walnuts.

I think the weakest part of my day is post-lunch/pre-dinner. I found ways to eat mid-day at school, but it's tough after lunch. I wonder if there's something I can drink that would have the right stuff for around 3:30-4:00 in the afternoon to get me to dinner.

So much better today, but I have to admit my recovery from yesterday is horrible! I'm sore and exhausted... and leaving in 10 minutes to go deadlift!! Oy.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Keep it up!
    Over the course of the day did you ever feel hungry? If so, when?

    Something drinkable for 3:30pm -- try 1/4 cup of coconut milk + 3/4 cup water + 2 tbsp protein powder. It's so rich, it'll taste like desert. Buy a mini-blender, because this stuff won't mix easily if you just stir it with a spoon.

    Make sure that you find real, unsweetened coconut milk (not the "lite" stuff), and that you're using high quality whey protein -- preferably something that contains the digestive enzymes Lactase and Protease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I almost forgot:
    Get rid of that breakfast tortilla (what was it doing in your fridge anyways?) and eat some fruit instead. Get something sweet like grapes or cantaloupe. Your body wants some sugar in the morning to start your metabolism and to produce glucose to fuel your brain. Today, you cheated and used starch; tomorrow, you can do it the paleo-way.

    What are you eating after you train? That's the most important meal of the day (breakfast is for pussies). Go heavy on the dense carbohydrates (fruits) to aid recovery.

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete