Documenting the Adventures of a Neophyte Paleolithic Eater



Tuesday, August 17

Day 1 again...

Here we are again. End of summer when I was going to "kick it in" with my exercise and eating, and I weigh more than I have in the last year; 12 more pounds than I did three months ago... that's a pound a week gained!

What happened, you may ask? Well, for one thing I stopped eating exercising consistently. I also have eaten more desserts recently than cummulatively in the last six months. Why on earth would I do these things after working so hard?? Well, #1: my dad passed. I turned into a little sad, stress case who medicates with sugar and simple carbs. We started planning memorial services instead of workouts, received dinners that others cooked us (very much not paleo), and I moved away from my beloved Crossfit.

That gym had become my place; the time every week that I carved out for myself and my sanity-- to see friends, to work out frustration, to learn something new about my self and my body. I feel like I've lost that, and in the midst of all I was going through it felt like one more sadness. My unfortunate habit is to eat when I am stressed. I have been stressed.

Today is Day ONE again. I stepped on the scale, and it said "147.5" I'm 5ft4. Nuh-uh. Tomorrow I am going to a seminar with the famous Mark Sisson. Time to stock up on more and new information, bust out some old favorites and get my a** back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment