Documenting the Adventures of a Neophyte Paleolithic Eater



Friday, August 20

Days 2 and 3

I'm hanging in there. On Wednesday I saw an inspiration: Mark Sisson (author of multiple books including the recent "Primal Blueprint" and the website Mark's Daily Apple, which has turned into my homepage. He talked about food, dairy, post workout nutrition, life, antinutrients, and a whole lot more. What really resonated with me was a response to an honest issue. An Asian man asked what to do about rice. It doesn't fit tit the diet, but because of his culture it's everywhere and on everything.

Mark said, something like: "avoid it if you can but don't freak out about it. This is supposed to be a guideline for life. I wanted to make something that would be simple to follow, that you don't have to turn your life around to do."

Liberated. This morning, day 4 and on my way to the airport, I was running late. Instead of planning some sophisticated and measured meal, I grabbed two hard-boiled eggs, a half an avocado, and the last 7 blackberries. Bam. Done. AND within the guidelines. Here's my little pep talk: "Relax, Di. Do the best you can; it's a long road ahead."

Mid-day travel (my worst adherences are while drinking or traveling) and I haven't strayed once. Knowing that it's not a capital offense if I do helps me keep in line. Well, I'm off to eat lunch: bunless burger with onion and tomato and lettuce, sweet potato, and small side of guacamole... I love "dieting"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment